Thursday, March 15, 2012

Frugal Fun: Edmonds Third Thursday Art Walk

Today, it just felt like summer would never come...

It seems like it has been raining for forty days and forty nights.
Each morning I expect a splintery wooden ark to be docked in the ferry terminal.
This evening, My Love and I ran out between the raindrops to visit some shops in downtown Edmonds, part of Edmonds Third Thursday Art Walk.
Hip Hip Hooray for cheese at the Resident Cheesemonger

Each shop featured a local artist and/or musician.
They invited the neighbors to come in and enjoy free treats.
Piper Peterson-Lee's gorgeous handmade chocolate display from Immaculate Confections. Holy Cocoa!
...we drooled over Rick Steve's travel books at his main office.



Afterward, we snuggled up at home for Game #2 of the Ultimate Scrabble Championships...With thai takeout for sustenance we played a grueling game.
I am excited to announce that we are TIED!


He with his powerful triple word scores, me with my 4-syllable words.
Totally tied.
Our third and final game will declare the winner...


Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I have a couple comments on your pictures

    1. SAD... your little drowning plants- so sad.
    2. Cheesehead... I really think deep down the cheese store owners are packer fans- ya feel me?
    3. You better kick his little triple bonus scrabble playing butt.... (FYI I hate scrabble)
    4. I like your new font for your name with the period. LOVE IT! Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete