Friday, November 25, 2011

A few things...

1. Today I visited Waterfront Antique Mall  
in an effort to avoid the Black Friday mobs at the mall.

The antique mall is very eclectic. 
A friend of mine has attended their auctions and found some incredible deals.
I absolutely love vintage restaurant ware
I snagged this heavy duty restaurant ware plate from the YWCA for just a few bucks!



2. Design*Sponge Online published a book this fall.
I check the d*s website religiously for their latest postings about home decor, food and life.


The book is beautifully designed. It lives on our coffee table so I can drool on it whenever I see it.


Grace Bonney (the adorable gal in the picture) is one of the creators of the website, and her home is featured in the book.


  The design aesthetic is funky --much of the homes are designed with mid-century touches.
The book also has a large section of DIY projects for all skill levels and budgets


I want to make these hand towels!


And these place mats!


Toward the back of the book there is a wonderful illustrated "How To" section for all of those intimidating craft projects like rewiring a lamp or reupholstering a chair. 

  I keep seeing awesome craft projects like these but just never stop and take the time to try them out.  
 A New Year's resolution of the crafty sort, I pledge that I will complete (and post about) one new craft project per month in 2012!

3. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. Leftover pumpkin puree is a great excuse for these delicious bars. Mr. Living Lovely on Little (Mr. LLL) pondered whether these bars were part of my plan for world domination.

No, they are not. I actually borrowed the recipe from Elizabeth LaBau of SugarHero.com.



My apologies for the not so pretty food photos. Man, taking pictures of food is HARD! Please refer to Elizabeth's gorgeous pictures--I promise you they didn't actually look like a chunk of sod!!





No comments:

Post a Comment