Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Change of Heart

(Note: This picture has been edited. No, I was not stuck in a hurricane and no, this is not another dimension or the World of Narnia. Next photo is the original.)


This evening I was disappointed to find it too dark to throw the ball for Cadence by the time we arrived at the dog park.

I became frustrated.

I realized that winter's long nights are quickly replacing the extended hours of summer sunshine.

Grumpily, I decided to hike down to the water anyway, primarily because Cadence had already smelled ocean and had her heart set on the visit.

Boy am I ever glad I did.

Sure, it wasn't the warm summer sunset I was expecting, but the sky was a turbulent and swirling navy blue. I felt no wind. The dog beach was mostly empty.

The silence, in combination with the intensity of the sky, and the twinkling of the distant ferry lights, was breathtaking.

How often does life end up as you expected?

How many times does life surpass your expectations?


Thank goodness the world isn't left up to my imagination!

Here's to more surprises like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment